Korea National Art Major Asian Scholarship, Korea National University of Arts is offering Art Major Asian Scholarship to conduct advanced studies. Applicants must hold a citizenship of eligible countries and must have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a high school (university) by 29th February, 2016. Applicants who apply for the master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree. The application deadline is 31 July, 2015.
Participating Institute: Korea National University of Arts.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for eligible undergraduate and graduate programmes available in the following Schools: School of Music, School of Drama, School of Film, TV and Multimedia, School of Dance, School of Visual Arts, School of Korean Traditional Arts.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to conduct advanced studies (bachelor’s and master’s degrees) at Korea National University of Arts.
- Only those who hold a citizenship of the countries below are eligible for the program. Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam and Uzbekistan
- Have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a high school (university) by 29th Feb, 2016
- Applicants who apply for the master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting to graduate by 29th Feb, 2016 must submit a certificate of graduation expectation when you apply, and submit the official certificate of graduation(degree or diploma) to Karts by 1st March, 2016
- Have adequate health, both physically and mentally
- Must have no limitations in travelling abroad
- Have outstanding artistic talents, gifted skills and an excellent academic record.
- Applicant recommended by the government, ministries, and embassies of Korea and each country.
- Applicants recommended by the rector of the university graduated or attending, or head of government approved organizations, companies and art related institution etc.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam and Uzbekistan can apply for this scholarship.
What does it cover:
- Airfare: The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea, and, thereafter, when they leave Korea after completion of their study
- Monthly Allowance: 700,000won (KRW) per month
- Korean Language Training Fee: Full coverage
- Tuitions: Full coverage (Summer/Winter school program does not apply)
- Medical Insurance: Limited coverage
- Housing: The dormitory fee will be deducted out of the monthly allowance
Notification: Admissions decisions will be notified through University Website and via personal mail on 5 October, 2015.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted by postal mail or in person.
Deadline: The application deadline is 31 July, 2015.