Scholarship Description: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering 2019-20 Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships. These scholarships are available to students from Africa, South East Asia, and South America who are accepted onto the 2019-20 M.Sc Global Mental Health program.
The aim of the study is to provide knowledge and skills to the students to start, develop and monitor mental health programs and/or policies in fewer resource settings, as well as to conduct research and conduct critical evaluations on global mental health.
Degree Level: The scholarships are available to pursue a master degree program.
Available Subject: the scholarship will be awarded in the field of Sc Global Mental Health program.
Scholarship Benefits: Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, and a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00, and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for M.Sc project expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Up to four are available
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- South East Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- South America: Nicaragua, Peru
Entrance Requirements: Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
The mode of application is online. Each applicant should submit only one application for the Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships for 2019-20.
To apply for these funding applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for study for the M.Sc Global Mental Health program through the King’s College London online application portal.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship, and
- Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2019-20 M.Sc Global Mental Health program, and
- English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
Note: That incomplete application will not be considered.
Deadline: March 24, 2019