Scholarship Description: The University of Kent is offering Jarman Scholarship of £1,000 value towards tuition fees for the year 2019. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and overseas applicants who have received an offer of a place on one of our MA programmes.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Kent is a public research university based in Kent, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1965 and is recognised as a Beloff’s plate glass university
Applicants should be on track for a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject, or an equivalent non-UK qualification, or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in The School of Arts.
Scholarship Benefits: The Postgraduate Jarman Scholarship offers 4 awards of £1,000 each to students.
Number of Scholarships: Four scholarships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarship is open to UK/EU and Overseas applicants from any country.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have received an offer of a place on one of our MA programmes by Sunday 26 May 2019.
- The scholarship will be awarded to applicants able to demonstrate how they have contributed creatively towards their subject area (Drama, Film or History of Art) in recent years.
Application Procedure: In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must demonstrate in no more than 400 words how they have contributed creatively towards their subject area in recent years. Examples of ways in which you may have contributed creatively towards your subject area:
– organising/participating in events outside of your undergraduate degree programme
– blogging or making YouTube films
– delivering a talk on subject area
– community work carried out in the Arts field
– newspaper/letter activities, etc.
Deadline: May 26, 2019