JAPAN OTUSKA TOSHIMI SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION (2014)
Otuska Toshimi Scholarship Foundation , Japan has offered scholarships for 2014. The scholarship offered
Annual sum of \2.0 million, \1.5 million or \1.0 million (Amount of scholarship will be determined according to the assessment by the selection committee.) Annual sum of \500,000 for applicants receiving scholarships or benefits from other sources
Note: Scholarship recipient’s failure to make satisfactory academic progress or engagement in unethical or immoral behavior as a student, as well as violation of laws or regulations, may result in reduction or withdrawal of scholarship.
2) Period covered by scholarship
One year: April to March However, recipients are eligible to apply to renew their scholarship for up to two additional terms, for a total scholarship period of three years.
3) Applicant categories
- New applicants: Applicants who have not previously received scholarships from the Foundation
- Renewing applicants: Applicants who received a scholarship from the Foundation for the previous fiscal year
4) Grounds for withdrawal of scholarship support
- The scholarship recipient withdraws from the school.
- The recipient takes leave of absence from the school or is absent for an extended period.
- The recipient fails to advance toward his or her degree or is at risk of failing to meet graduation requirements.
- The recipient is not expected to graduate due to injury or illness.
- The recipient fails to make satisfactory academic progress or engages in unethical behavior.
- Circumstances render the scholarship unnecessary.
- Circumstances other than the above arise that disqualify the recipient.
- The recipient is expelled from school for disciplinary reasons.
- The recipient otherwise ceases to meet scholarship criteria.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country in Asia, the Middle East, Africa or citizens of Brazil, Russia, or the Czech Republic.
- Applicants must be majoring in medicine, pharmacology, nutrition, physical education or business administration in an official degree program at a university or graduate school in Japan.
- Applicants must be highly motivated, possess an outstanding academic record, and demonstrate personal integrity.
- Applicants must be involved in creative or innovative research.
- Applicants must have an international perspective and demonstrate potential leadership skills to serve as bridges between Japan and their home countries in the future.
- Applicants must meet all other requirements stipulated by the Foundation.
1) How to Apply
- Applicants should complete the scholarship application form and mail it to the Foundation, along with the following application documents and supporting documents.
- Address Otsuka Toshimi Scholarship Foundation Office Otsuka Group Osaka Headquarters Building 3-2-27 Otedori, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0021, Japan
- All materials supplied by the applicant will be used solely for the purposes of carrying out our activities. * Application forms and supporting documents will not be returned.
- All submitted documents except the letter of recommendation must be hand-written in Japanese by the applicant. * Application forms completed in English will be accepted but must be accompanied by a Japanese translation. For more information, please refer to Application FAQ.
- Downloadable Application Form (Reference Form and Letter of Recommendation included).
- You can download the application form here. 2014 Forms for New Applicants: PDF format (approx. 440 kb) 2014
- Forms for Renewing Applicants: PDF format (approx. 420 kb)
Application Deadline: 15 May 2014