The Japan America Society of Minnesota (JASM) will award the Mondale Scholarship to undergraduate students enrolled in Minnesota colleges, University of North Dakota or North Dakota State University who want to broaden their knowledge of Japan through a combination of study and travel. The selection committee has the discretion to award up to $1,500 for the scholarship. The awards are specifically to be used for travel to or within Japan before, during, or after the student’s specified term(s) of study for a time period of one month or more.
Degree level: The scholarship is available for bachelors program in the mentioned universities.
Available subjects: Under this scholarship you can apply for any subject bachelors course.
Eligible Nationalities: US Citizen or Resident
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or resident aliens currently enrolled at a Minnesota college, University of North Dakota or North Dakota State University.
- The awardees will be asked to provide quarterly written reports on their experience while in Japan and to make a personal appearance at a Japan America Society of Minnesota function during the semester after their
travel is completed.
- The applicant shall have Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher.
You need to fill the form and submit it along with the documents required. You can get the application form here
- Official college/university transcript(s) from all institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation.
- These letters should come from a faculty member or a member of the applicant’s community of residence who knows the applicant well and who can attest to the applicant’s desire to spend time studying and traveling in Japan.
- An essay that addresses these questions: Why do you want to study and travel in
Japan? What is your goal for this experience? How do you intend to use the
scholarship dollars? The essay must be no longer than two double-spaced typewritten
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the intended program of study in Japan.