Scholarship Description: The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is looking for excellent applicants for its Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award. The award is exclusively open for full-time female photojournalists of any nationality.
The aim of the award is to support female photojournalists whose work reflects the values of Anja Niedringhaus through compassion, humanity, and a commitment to capturing the whole picture.
About University: The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF), located in Washington, D.C., is an organization working internationally to elevate the status of women in the media. The IWMF has created programs to help women in the media develop practical solutions to the obstacles they face in their careers and lives.
Degree Level: Award is available for Photojournalism.
Available Subject: Award is available to female photojournalists whose work reflects the values of Anja Niedringhaus through compassion, humanity, and a commitment to capturing the whole picture.
Scholarship Benefits: The Award includes a cash prize of $20,000.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for the award.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a female photojournalists
- All nominations must include candidate information, work samples, and a candidate/nomination statement.
- The required work samples are 12 photographs that best represent the scope and style of the candidate’s work, within the context of challenging reporting environments.
- Each photograph must be accompanied by a caption describing the place and situation captured.
- Six (6) of the photos must have been taken within the past two years. The other six can be taken at any time during the candidate’s career.
- Submissions must include a 1-page candidate/nomination statement. The statement must answer the following questions:
- What stories does the candidate tell through her photos?
- Under what conditions does the candidate work?
- How do the photographs submit with this nomination capture the scope of the candidate’s work?
- How do the candidate’s career and work reflect the values of Anja Niedringhaus?
- Candidate statements must be written in English.
Deadline: January 19, 2018