Scholarship Description: The Leeds University Business School is offering PhD Scholarship in the Rise of Emerging Market Multinational Enterprises. The award is available to support full-time PhD study commencing on 1st February 2018.
About University: The Leeds University Business School, is a full-service business school, a faculty of the University of Leeds and a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing full-time PhD Programme.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the Rise of Emerging Market Multinational Enterprises
Scholarship Benefits: Tuition fees at the relevant UK/EU or international rate and a maintenance grant of £14,553 per annum (subject to approval and change). There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number (Student ID Number) to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a First Class Honours degree and a British Masters degree (or equivalent qualification) at Distinction level, in an appropriate academic discipline.
- The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study for 3 years leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are currently registered for PhD research study are not eligible for this competition.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarship is open to the UK, EU and international fee rated applicants.
- Applicants must first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number (Student ID Number) to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications without a valid University ID Number will be rejected. You can find out more information on how to apply for a place on the PhD programme here.
- All applicants must complete the Leeds University Business School Scholarships Application Form.
The following documents must be uploaded with your PhD application or sent with your scholarship application by the deadline date:
- PhD application form: apply online
- Scholarship application form: this form must be completed in full. Download an application form from the Business School website.
- Research proposal: a 1000-2000 word document, in Word or .pdf format, outlining your proposed research topic and programme of research. Please see Writing Your Research Proposal for further details.
- Certified copies of qualification certificates: scanned copies of all your higher education and professional qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and full grading systems: scanned copies of the official University listing of the full set of marks contributing to the overall grade of your qualifications. If you have not yet been awarded your qualification, you must provide confirmation of your provisional marks to date.
- English language: applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence that you have met the English language entry requirements for this scholarship by the scholarship closing date (EU/International applicants only). You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by the official start date at the University of Leeds.
- Two academic references: you must submit two academic letters of reference from two people who have taught you at Masters (or Bachelors) level who are able to comment on your academic ability and suitability to study on the programme. References must either: be written on headed paper; or bear the institution’s stamp/logo; or be typed and stamped with the institution’s stamp on the University of Leeds Referee’s Report.
Deadline: November 13, 2017