Postdoctoral Fellowships in Law for Foreign Researchers at Institute for Legal Studies in Hungary, 2017
In 2017/2018 postdoctoral fellowship are to be awarded to outstanding students in the disciplines of Law. Fellowships are available to foreign researchers to enhance their international competitiveness in research and education through involving postdoctoral foreign researchers in their academic work.
The dual objectives of the Institute. On the one hand, contribute to the development of the domestic jurisprudence and is involved in organizing the domestic academic activities. To this end, it is working with the home – mostly organized in addition to universities – academic workshops and other research centers, as well as provide a platform for a timely discussion of issues examined by the jurisprudence.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Any area of law, with a preference for comparative law, public international law or European law.
In the framework of the fellowship programme, the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law
- Will offer foreign researchers a ‘joint position’ for 10 months at the two host institutions;
- Will provide teaching and research facilities;
- Will offer 458,300 HUF gross salaries per month (approximately HUF 300,000 after taxes);
- Will provide accommodation;
- Will provide an opportunity for renowned researchers to further develop their scholarly activity and experience at our institutions; and
- Will ensure that foreign researchers are fully involved in the scholarly work of the institutions and are able to participate in scholarly events and programmes.
Scholarship benefits: Fellowship of 458,300 HUF per month before taxes (plus accommodation).
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for Fellowship.
- Postdoctoral researchers with a professional level of English language knowledge are invited to apply for a fellowship programme at the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law. Knowledge of Hungarian is not required.
The applicant is expected to:
- develop and provide at least four graduate level lectures per week that are each a minimum of 45 minutes in duration at Pázmány Law;
- actively participate in the most important scholarly events and programmes of the HAS CSS ILS and the PPCE FLPS; and
- help to strengthen the international relations of the HAS CSS ILS and Pázmány Law.
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign researchers are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Application Procedure: The signed application should be sent electronically to the e-mail address kszki-at-jak.ppke.hu. The application shall include the applicant’s: (1) detailed curriculum vitae; (2) publication list; (3) electronic versions of three publications that the applicant feels represents his/her best work; (4) presentation of ongoing research; and (5) a motivation letter. The motivation letter should contain: (a) a research plan; (b) a proper syllabus of at least two graduate courses to be offered; and (c) a description as to how the applicant will be affiliated with the host institutions. The application must be submitted in English. Applications must be sent to the above e-mail address on or before 12.00 (Central European Time) on 30 April 2017.
Deadline: Fellowship is application deadline is April 30, 2017.