The Institute of Advanced Studies Koszeg (iASK) invites applications for its research grant program from all scientific disciplines for the maximum of 6 months. Hungarian, as well as international students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The Institute of Advanced Studies Koszeg (iASK) is founded at a time of great global uncertainty and growing interdependence. We have entered a new age of uncertainty” are the words of Elemér Hankiss, who provided guidance for the Institute’s foundation over many years. More and more people feel that we have arrived at a crossroads.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue research.
Available Subject: The topics of interest for the year of 2018 are as follows:
- Interdisciplinary Central European studies
- Complexity studies from a social scientific perspective
- Democracy, globalization and social-economic polarisation (security, war, violence, changing energy paradigms, water scarcity, causes and consequences of migration)
- Past and present traumatized societies and effective forms of conflict resolutions
- Interdependent aspects of sustainability (social, economic, institutional, political)
- Conflict and cooperation in evolutionary systems and societies
KRAFT: Creative Cities and Sustainable Regions in a Global and European Context – comparative perspectives
Hankiss Centre (open only for young researchers):
- Robotics and ethics
- ”Third reality” in the information age
- Digital humanities – trends, applications, results
Big Data (open only for young researchers): data mining and applications of open data analysis for social scientific projects of iASK, teamwork and cooperative research proposals are welcome and highly prioritized.
Scholarship benefits: Fellows will receive a monthly stipend; they are not obliged to submit reports on payments made. In order to receive the stipend applicants must have a Hungarian bank account. The grants are tax-free.
- The scholarship includes living costs in K?szeg (housing, food), health insurance, visa costs (if applicable) and travel related to research and professional activities. iASK does not provide extra funds for these expenses.
- Fellows are to spend 75% of their grant period in residence in order to take an active part in the intellectual life of the institute. Hungarian fellows, who are employed elsewhere, are to provide an official permit from their primary employer reducing their work responsibilities to 25% for the duration of their grant period.
Eligible nationalities: Hungarian, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
1. Young researchers:
Applicants are expected to be:
- At least at the MA level, preferably a PhD student at a Hungarian or foreign university,
- A student participating in interdisciplinary post-graduate training,
- At the ABD level (all but dissertation)
Scholarships in this category are available for the maximum of 4 months.
The maximum monthly stipend awarded is HUF 300,000.
2.) Postdoctoral researchers:
Applicants are expected to have:
- A Ph.D./DLA degree,
- At least 3 years of significant experience in working in research institutions or in teaching at universities,
- At least 5 publications in national or international refereed journals.
Scholarships are available for a maximum of 4 months.
The maximum monthly stipend awarded is HUF 500,000.
3.) Senior researchers:
Applicants are expected to be:
- scientific advisors or senior research fellows in academic research institutes, or leading teachers of institutes of tertiary education (habilitated associate professors or professors, i.e. “egyetemitanár” in the case of Hungarian applicants); or
- full professors (in the case of international applicants); or
- having at least 10 years teaching experience in higher education home AND abroad; or
- at least 10 years of experience leading international projects or institutes, or experience in network organization, scientific life or in the area of non-governmental organizations realizing social goals.
More Scholarships from Hungary
Application Procedure: Applications should include a completed application form, a research proposal, a signed declaration form, and academic Curriculum Vitae. Young researchers are to attach 2 professional recommendation letters as well. Applications are to be submitted electronically (scanned and signed) and in printed form. Scanned applications should be sent via e-mail.
Deadline: December 20, 2017