Hosei International Fund Fellowship for Foreign Students, Applications are invited for HIF International Fellowship to carry out non-degree research programs at Hosei University under the direction of and/or in cooperation with Hosei faculty and researchers. Invitations are extended to young scholars from abroad who are, at the least, enrolled in a doctoral degree program. Fellowship is awarded for the duration of 6 to 12 months and each fellow will receive ¥300,000 each month. The application deadline is June 5, 2015.
Participating Institute: Hosei University in Japan, The Hosei International Fund (HIF) is providing this Fellowship.
Study Subject: Research areas include those studies in the humanities, social or natural sciences, or engineering as deemed acceptable by Hosei.
Degree Level: Fellowship Program is available to carry out non-degree research programs at Hosei University.
Eligibility: Applicant must:
- be foreign national (includes stateless person, foreign national currently residing in Japan)
- be presently enrolled in a doctoral degree program, hold a Doctorate, or its equivalent as recognized by the University
- have sufficient fluency in either Japanese or English
- be no more than 39 years of age as of April 1, 2016
- not have been a previous recipient of this fellowship
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
What does it cover:
- Fellowship Grant: an HIF Fellow can receive ¥300,000 each month.
- Travel Grant and Other Perquisites: an HIF Fellow can receive all or part of economy class transportation expenses for travel to and from Japan. The travel subsidy for round-trip travel is ¥300,000 maximum (or up to ¥150,000 for one way travel). To receive the inbound travel subsidy, the researcher must be living outside Japan; to receive the outbound subsidy a researcher must leave Japan within 30 days of completion of the research program; an HIF Fellow may receive assistance in his/her research from the research advisor, participate in lectures and seminars, and use other facilities of Hosei University and an HIF Fellow will be provided with shared office space, PC, and a Hosei University network ID.
- Housing: Hosei University will provide, upon request, a furnished apartment. However, the rent (approximately ¥100,000 per month) must be borne by the Fellow. (Note that rental expenses are subject to change)
Notification: The results will be sent out to all applicants on December 4, 2015.
Application Procedure: Applications should be mailed.
Deadline: Application documents must reach the International Office of Hosei University by June 5, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application