Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship for the academic year 2017-2018. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the applicant for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to international students.
About University: Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to undertake a higher degree research (HDR) program.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: (1) Fee Offset
The fee offset provided by the GUIPRS removes the liability of the awardees to pay program tuition fees for the tenure of the award.
(2) Overseas Student Health Cover
The award includes the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy which covers the candidate and dependents (if any) for up to 42 months.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- To be eligible for a GUIPRS, an applicant must:
- not be a domestic student, as defined as being a student who is an Australian citizen; or an Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa; or a New Zealand citizen; and
- be commencing or enrolled in an HDR program (for which GUIPRS support is available) at Griffith University.
- A GUIPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who is in receipt of an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset HDR program tuition fees.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: New applicants must follow the process for submitting an online application for a higher degree by research program, which also includes a section for a scholarship application. Please note, unless the scholarship round is officially open; your online application will only be assessed for candidature.
Current HDR candidates or applicants with a current offer (not yet commenced) are required to follow a different process for submitting a scholarship application.
Deadline: Annual scholarship round application will open from July 3, 2017, until October 3, 2017 ( for commencement on 12 February 2018 or 23 April 2018).