The aim of the Gordon Signy Fellowship is to promote the public safety and the public health by fostering the development of anatomic and clinical pathology in all aspects, especially in the developing countries. It is the intent of the Fellowship to provide opportunities for pathologists to study in countries other than their own and to return to their home countries with new skills to help their patients.
Degree Level: Scholarship is for Bachelors, Masters, PhD or Post Doc Programms
Available Subjects: Pathology
Scholarship Benefits: The Fellowship provides an award of US $5,000 payable in two installments, the first US $4,500 at the beginning of a period of study and US $500 upon receipt of Fellows’ reports of their experiences (see item 11 below). For training periods exceeding 89 days, and at the discretion of the Regents of the Fellowship, an award of up to US $7,500 may be provided. A certificate of Fellowship will be issued to each Fellow after the final Fellowship Award payment.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from any country can apply.
Eligibility Criteria: The Fellowship is open to pathologists from all countries. Applicants must be living in their country of origin or their country of permanent residence at the time of the application. For applications where residency is unclear, the Regents may require proof of residency for any individual applicant (this may include a driver’s license or other form of government identification; electrical, telephone or other utility bills; or letters of certification from a governmental office).
- Candidates should submit a letter of acceptance from the training director.
- Letter of reference from a teacher, supervisor, mentor or faculty.
- Copies of the candidate’s Medical Degree and Certificate of Training.
- Candidate should also submit a disclosure of support from which he/she will be receiving the financial support other than the fellowship.
- A detailed curriculum vitae which should include name and address, current employment, education, memberships and other details of the candidate.
See further detailed procedure in scholarship link
Deadline: 30th June 2019