Scholarship Description: Eastern Mennonite University is awarding scholarships for first-year students at the time of acceptance into EMU. Honors Scholarships are highly selective and are awarded on the basis of academic performance in high school, SAT or ACT scores and demonstrated leadership potential.
About University: Eastern Mennonite University is a private liberal arts university in the Shenandoah Valley of the U.S. state of Virginia, affiliated with one of the historic peace churches, the Mennonite Church USA.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing honors programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Honors scholarship recipients receive $72,000 ($18,000 per year over four years) in scholarships for high academic achievement.
- Full tuition scholarships are available to first-year student applicants who compete in the Yoder Scholars competition during honors weekend.
Eligibility: Honors scholarships are granted to first-year students at time of acceptance into EMU; eligibility is based on a sliding scale that takes high school GPA and standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) into account. To determine your eligibility for an honors scholarship, use the EMU Cost of Attendance Estimator. Full engagement in the honors program (programming in addition to the scholarship) is available to those who maintain a GPA of 3.6 and opt into the program their sophomore year.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online. Undergraduate Admissions Checklist
- Completed Application: online application or printable application (PDF)
- Official transcripts from any high school and/or universities attended. (Please submit foreign university transcripts with a NACES member credential evaluation.)
- Applicable test scores: If English is your first language, University requires an SAT or ACT score. If English is no your first language, we require a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Any national examination scores (if applicable). If you are submitting a WAEC result, you must also submit a scratch card.
Deadline: Students who apply for admission by November 1 and meet minimum academic criteria will be invited to apply for the Honors Program .