Scholarships Description: The State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) announces fifty (50) scholarships for foreign nationals (allogeneic or expatriate) to attend a course; and Greek Language and Culture seminars.
State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) was founded in 1951 aiming to offer young scientists grants for post-graduate studies, abroad and within Greece, in order to broaden their horizons, utilize their skills and offer better services to the society.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to attend a course and Greek Language and Culture seminars.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Greek Language and Culture.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Incomplete, inaccurate or illegible applications will be rejected.
- Candidates who are or have been scholars of IKY are excluded from it Choice.
- Candidates who are prosecuted by the Competent Authorities are excluded from it Choice.
- Applications from candidates in the final year of study, before taking the degree
- They will not be examined.
Eligible Nationality: Foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: Required documents
- Application, completed in all points, signed and with one (1) recent Photo.
- Recent curriculum vitae (in English or Greek).
- University degrees.
- Certificate of knowledge of Greek (if any) or English or French.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (in Greek, English or French only) by University professor at all levels.
- Certificate of seniority in teaching the Greek language, provided there is.
- Recent (to be issued approximately one (1) month prior to the submission of the application)
- Medical certificate of a state hospital, or equivalent recognized from which it would appear that the candidate does not suffer from
- A disease likely to constitute a risk to public health or safety (according to the International data and the World Health Organization).
- Copy of valid passport/police ID.
These are submitted in paper form through the Hellenic Diplomatic Authorities and to IKY are submitted in electronic form to e-mail: foreigners-at-iky.gr. Candidates who are in Greece can apply when submitting their application. To address the diplomatic authorities of their country in Greece. The relevant forms are available from the Greek Diplomatic Authorities, from the offices of the IKY Or from the Foundation’s website. The application will be submitted in accordance with Annexes 1 or 2 (Application Form to Greek or English).
Deadline: The application deadline is September 11, 2017.