The University of Wollongong is inviting applications for Science, Medicine and Health (SMAH) International School Scholarship. Indian students are eligible to apply.
The University of Wollongong is an Australian public research university located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales, approximately 80 kilometres south of Sydney.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
Study Subject: Applicable study areas: Bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
*excluding Doctor of Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition and Dietetics, Exercise Science and Rehabilitation, Education, Social Work and Psychology.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides a 50% tuition fee waiver for the minimum duration of the course as outlined in your offer letter.
Nationality: Indian students are eligible to apply.
Eligible Nationalities: Indian students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- a) Students may be eligible if they have 85% average mark in their final results for the Indian High School Certificate (or equivalent).
- b) The scholarship is available to students enrolling in a Bachelor degree within the Science, Medicine and Health Faculty, excluding Doctor of Medicine; Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics, Exercise Science & Rehabilitation, Education, Social Work and Psychology (all degrees).
- c) Must be an Indian citizen who is currently residing in India.
I understand that to be eligible for the Scholarship I must:
- a) Accept these terms and conditions. If I do not sign and return these terms and conditions I will not be eligible for the Scholarship;
- b) Receive an offer for 2019 for a place in a degree course offered by the University of Wollongong in the Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health– excluding the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics and Bachelor of Exercise Science and Rehabilitation degrees;
- c) Remain enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Wollongong for the duration of my degree program;
- d) Maintain a credit average (Weighted Average Mark 65+);
- e) Be an Indian citizen.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: No application is required. Students will automatically be considered for this scholarship. Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered when applying for admission to UOW. There is no separate application process.
Deadline: No application is required. Students will automatically be considered for this scholarship.