Scholarship Description: The new Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program is now available for international students. The Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program is a one-year research training program with Facebook’s AI Research group, designed to give you hands-on experience of machine learning research.
The AI research residency experience is designed to prepare you for graduate programs in machine learning or to kickstart a research career in the field. This is a full-time program that cannot be undertaken in conjunction with university study or a full-time job.
Degree Level: This is a one-year research training program.
Available Subject: The residency is ideal preparation for applying to top graduate programs in machine learning. Exceptional performers are welcome to interview for full-time positions at Facebook.
Scholarship Benefits: Residents will be paid a competitive salary.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this program.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in Linear Algebra, Probability, Calculus, or equivalent.
- Coding experience in a general-purpose programming language, such as Python or C/C++.
- Familiarity with a deep learning platform such as PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI (as established for instance via publications and/or code releases).
- Significant contributions to open-source projects, demonstrating strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills.
- A strong track record of scholastic excellence.
Application Procedure: To apply to the 2018 Facebook AI Residency Program, you will need to complete the application and submit the following items:
- CV/Resume (including links to GitHub, professional web pages, publications, or blog posts as applicable)
- Personal statement
- Academic grade transcript
Note: All materials must be in PDF format.
Deadline: January 26, 2018