ESSO Training Fellowships in Surgical Oncology 2015 belgium Scholarships
The ESSO Education Committee offers a number of training fellowships to support trainees in Surgical Oncology. Both European and non-European citizens can apply. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European centre. The Education and Training Committee grants two types of fellowships each year: (1) Up to 10 Standard training fellowships (value 2.000 EUR): from 1 to 3 months, (2) 1 major training fellowship (value 10.000 EUR): from 4 to 12 months. The application deadline is 31st October 2015.
- Fellowship is awarded in the field of Surgical Oncology.
- Fellowship is available for clinical training or research training to young surgeons.
- European Society of Surgical Oncology, Belgium
- European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European centre.
–Applicants must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology (breast, upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic, colorectal, endocrine, head and neck, thoracic, skin cancer and melanoma, gynaecology, urology, sarcoma).
-Applicants must be or become ESSO members before the start date of the award.
-Applicants must be younger than 40 years of age.
-Both European and non-European citizens can apply. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European centre.
-Previous Fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award.
Scholarship Open for International Students: European and non-European citizens can apply for these fellowships.
Duration of award(s): The trainee-ship period should occur within one year. Standard training fellowships duration is from 1 to 3 months and 4 to 12 months for major training fellowship.
- The value of Standard training fellowships is 2.000 EUR and 10.000 EUR for major training fellowship.
- Please send back your application form duly completed and all supporting documents by post, by fax or via e-mail. Applications must be submitted in English only and include the following information:
-a motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit;
-a completed curriculum vitae application form available from the ESSO website,
-a letter of support from their Head of Department,
-a letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st October 2015.