The new Die Presse Scholarship for the MSc Program “Environmental Technology & International Affairs” is now available on offer at TU Wien in Austria. Scholarships are available for International students.
The purpose of a sustainable development can be reached only if decision makers dispose of a comprehensive education.
Over the last few years environmental challenges have taken on a new urgency on a local, regional and global level. In particular, issues regarding the protection and sustainable use of environmental resources have become an existential concern. This puts increasing demands on decision-makers, who require a broad knowledge and understanding of the political, legal, economic and technical issues involved. Everybody concerned, whether as representatives of ministries, international organizations, NGOs or the private sector, has to deal with an ever increasing range of environment related questions.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in “Environmental Technology & International Affairs”.
Scholarship Award: The daily newspaper “Die Presse” will again award a scholarship in the amount of EUR 13,300 this year, thus contributing indirectly to the solution of problems relevant for environment at an international level.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Admission requirements are a Baccalaureate degree, a Magister degree or an internationally recognized first degree in any field of study.
An excellent command of English is a prerequisite for admission. Non-native speakers need to furnish evidence of their language skills. The following certificates are recognized:
- First degree in English
- IELTS (minimum 7.0) or
- TOEFL (minimum 627 Points (written), or 263 Points (computer based) or 106 Points (internet based)).
The selection process is highly competitive. Its goal is to register high quality participants based on a variety of criteria that measure the candidate’s demonstrated abilities as students, managers and leaders.
- Past academic experience, with greater weight given to more recent study. General intellectual ability
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and achieve measurable results, as evaluated by the type, level, and amount of work experience.
- Personal statement of goals, challenges, and experience.
English Language Requirements: The working languages of the Diplomatic Academy are English, French and German. If your documents are not issued in one of these languages, please make sure you include certified translations with your application.
Application Procedure: Online Application Process
- Fill in the online application form and upload your CV.
- The document size of your CV must not exceed 1 MB.
- Post copies of the following to the DA Registrar’s Office: these documents (double set – except for the recommendation letters) should reach the Registrar by March 15, 2019 at the latest:
- motivation letter
- proof of competence in English (please check the requirements and the list of accepted certificates under the tag “admission”)
- university/college diploma
- transcript of grades
- high school diploma
- copy of your passport
- photo (passport sized)
- Two recommendation letters. These MUST be:
- submitted by the referees to the candidate in a sealed envelope or
- submitted by the referees directly to our registrar Ms Genny Chiarandon by postal mail
Please send the documents (double set – except for the recommendation letters)
Individuals interested in the scholarship are kindly asked to send their application documents (CV and a motivation letter) in English to: stipendium(at)diepresse.com by February 18, 2019 at the latest. The scholarship will be awarded by a panel of experts. EUR 13,300 have to be paid on the scholarship`s own risk. There is no legal recourse; the winner will be informed.
Deadline: February 18, 2019