Welfare Studies and/or Border Region Studies PhD Scholarships at SDU, Denmark
Scholarship Description: The Department of Political Science and Public Management at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for one or more PhD scholarships within the areas of welfare studies & public policy and/or border region studies as of February 1, 2019 or as agreed.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Southern Denmark is a university in Denmark. It has campuses located in Southern Denmark and on Zealand.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject:Scholarships are awarded in Welfare Studies and/or Border Region Studies.
Scholarship Benefits: A 5+3 PhD programme spans over three years (fully salaried), while the 4+4 programme runs for a period of four years.
Number of Scholarships: University is offering one or more PhD scholarships.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for a PhD scholarship, you must have a high academic level and be able to outline an original research project. The project is individual, but it should be related to the ongoing research in the relevant centre (see below). We are looking for candidates possessing personal qualities such as curiosity and a strong desire to understand and solve societal challenges. You must be able to work independently and—in consultation with the PhD supervisor—prioritize the different aspects of your work. Finally, you are expected to have good interpersonal skills, be interested in engaging with the national and international research community (your supervisor and the department will support you in this), be present and take part in the daily academic and social environments in Odense or Sønderborg.
Application Procedure: An application must include:
- Application form
- A project proposal, max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including spaces, notes, appendices, bibliography etc. The project description must be anonymized, i.e. it may not reveal your name or identity in any way. The total length in characters including spaces of the project description must be stated on the first page of the project description. If your name is mentioned in your project description or if the description exceeds the specified length, your application will be rejected without further assessment
- An abstract for the above project description of no more than 250 words
- A short letter with a motivated suggestion for a supervisor among the academic staff at the Department of Political Science and Public Management
- Detailed CV
- A certified copy of your master’s degree certificate including all examination results. In case of a possible 4+4 enrolment, a certified copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate and a transcribe of you master’s level examination results must be included
- Information on experience with teaching, dissemination, or scientific publication, if applicable
The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: September 1, 2018