University of Copenhagen PhD Positions at Center for Glycomics in Denmark, 2017
Copenhagen Center for Glycomics is inviting applications for Marie Sklodowska-Curie PhD fellowships. The successful PhD candidate will be offered a full-time position for a period of three years.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
Degree Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme at Center for Glycomics.
Available Subject: Positions are offered in the area of glycobiology.
Scholarship Benefits: The successful PhD candidate will be offered a full-time position for a period of three years, contingent on a satisfactory performance, with the specific intent that it results in a PhD degree and scientific publications. Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organization.
Number of Scholarships: There are one or more EC Marie Sklodowska-Curie PhD fellowships available.
- The candidate must be in the first four years of his or her research career and cannot have lived in Denmark for more than 12 months over the last 3 years. The successful candidate will have a masters’ degree (or equivalent) in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related. Experimental laboratory experience and proficiency in both written and spoken English is required, and candidates with international publications and experience directly related to the research topic of the position outlined above will be given preference.
- In all cases, the ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration, and thus the University of Copenhagen wishes to encourage everyone interested in this post to apply, regardless of personal background.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: The application must be submitted electronically. Applications must be written in English and include
- A motivation for the application (up to 1 A4 page),
- Curriculum vitae,
- List of publications,
- A copy of MSc diploma and grade transcripts,
- A short review of scientific research conducted previously for an MSc thesis or equivalent, and
- The names, e-mails, telephone numbers and addresses of 2-3 referees.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is May 10, 2017.