Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for Delft Technology Fellowship which offers high-profile, tenure-track positions to outstanding female academic researchers in research fields in which Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is active.
About University: The Delft University of Technology works at providing new ground-breaking insights and solutions to urgent societal problems around the world. Thanks to its top scientists and unique, large-scale technological research facilities, this university offer world-level multidisciplinary research and education.
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. For that reason, it has established several scholarship programmes specifically designed to offer talented and motivated international students the opportunity to pursue a degree at TU Delft.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research. The fellowships are awarded at Assistant, Associate or Full Professor Level.
Available Subject: As a fellow, you will be offered the unique chance to establish your own research programme of international repute, including generous start-up funding.
Scholarship Benefits: As a fellow, you will be offered the unique chance to establish your own research programme of international repute, including generous start-up funding. The 5-year fellowships are awarded at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor Level.
Conditions of employment
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sports memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners.
TU Delft will help you to address the challenges regarding your relocation and social and working integration of your partner and family in The Netherlands.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
You will have the opportunity to take part in the existing tenure-track development programme. An informal mentoring scheme will be in place to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
Specific standards are set for the English competency of the teaching staff. If necessary, we will offer you training to improve your proficiency in English.
Maximum employment: 38 hours (1 FTE)
Duration of contract: 6 years with evaluation for permanent employment after max 5 years
|Level||Gross per month|
|Assistant professor:||€ 3.475 – € 5.405|
|Associate professor:||€ 4.815 – € 6.438|
|Full professor:||€ 5.334 – € 9.375|
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the fellowship:
- You are a highly talented and motivated pioneer holding a PhD in a relevant discipline, with the ambition necessary to become a full Professor. You have a proven drive for scientific excellence demonstrated, for example, by publications in first-rate, international scientific journals, the ability to compete for external research funding and an extensive international network. You have a few years of post-doctoral working experience in industry or academia, preferably including experience outside of the Netherlands.
- Depending on your level of experience you either are or have the clear potential to develop into, an academic leader who guides and inspires her group. You have excellent communication and social skills, a coaching leadership style and experience in supervising research projects. You are self-critical and able to align your personal ambition with being an inspiring member of a team of first-rate colleagues.
- You have educational experience and an affinity for teaching, as you are expected to participate in and contribute to the development of the department’s teaching programme.
- This fellowship programme is open to female scientists currently not employed by TU Delft.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Application Procedure: Your application should include the following:
- Cover letter including
- Your motivation
- The faculty/department of interest. Please select one faculty/department.
- The position desired (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level)
- How many years of post-doctoral working experience in industry or academia you have
- Resume including a detailed list of your publications and achievements
- Contact information of 4 references: their names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and relationships
- Vision document containing your research proposal and your vision on education, leadership and the Delft University of Technology organization (max. 2000 words)
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 8, 2018.