Applications are invited for Computer Vision PhD Scholarships at the London Metropolitan University. These scholarships are open to home/EU and international applicants for September 2017 intake.
The aim of the scholarship is to help students for developing a deeper understanding of the subject matter.
London Metropolitan University, commonly known as London Met, is a public research university in London, it is one of London’s oldest educational Universities. London Metropolitan University is a modern and forward-looking institution. London Metropolitan University is one of the UK’s most diverse universities with students from hundreds of countries.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered at the School of Computing and Digital Media.
Scholarship Benefits: University is offering a total of £18,000 research grant to part-sponsor and contribute towards tuition fees of a successful PhD student (MPhil/PhD). £6,000 per year will be paid towards tuition fees for the duration of three years for a full-time student, subject to successful progression. Or £3,000 per year will be paid towards tuition fees for the duration of three years for two part-time students, subject to successful progression. The School of Computing and Digital Media is offering either one full-time or two part-time partial-fee-waiver-only scholarships for the successful applicants.
Numbers of Scholarships: The School of Computing and Digital Media is offering either one full-time or two part-time partial-fee-waiver-only scholarships for the successful applicants.
Eligibility: Home/EU and international applicants are eligible. Applicants should not currently be registered for a postgraduate research degree. Successful applicants should work on the following topics:
- Existing methods and algorithms in the area of object detection and identification in visual scene
- Tracking static and moving objects
- Classification and recognition of static and dynamic objects
- Pattern recognition of moving objects in video streams
- Development of software prototype for online video processing using suitable algorithms
Nationality: Home/EU and international applicants can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an honours degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must give an IELTS test at band 6.5 or above with a minimum score of 6 in each component.
How to Apply: Applicants must email completed form and research proposal via email. The email should be entitled Computer Vision in the subject line.
- Please write a three-to-five page research proposal with five-to-10 references
- Download and complete the MPhil/PhD Application Form and MPhil-PhD Referee Form (information about MPhil/PhD fees is available from the MPhil/PhD course page)
- Consider the Computer Vision Scholarship Guidelines.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.