CHINA 2014 CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars from developing countries (other than China) an opportunity to pursue PhD degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
Under the terms of the new CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar). Visa fee will also be covered (once only per student/scholar).
Thanks to generous contribution of CAS, fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (including accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all PhD candidates after admission. All awardees will also be provided tuition waivers.
Any fellowship awardee who fails the qualification test twice will face the consequences including:
- Termination of his/her fellowship;
- Discontinuity of his/her PhD study at CAS institutions;
- Being conferred a diploma of completion instead of a PhD degree;
- All the procedures will adhere to UCAS/USTC regulations and rules.
The funding duration of the fellowship is 4 years, divided into:
- Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at UCAS/USTC,
- including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Culture.
- Practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of UCAS/USTC or CAS institutes.
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2014;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Be a citizen of a developing country other than China;
- Not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in China or in any developed country;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
Application Deadline: 28 Feb 2014
- Click here for more information about application procedure.