Degree Level: Scholarship is available for PhD Scholarship.
Benefits include full access to the Academy’s Leadership Programme, Alumni Programme, 5-year complimentary Chatham House membership and Academy Associate status (awarded upon the successful completion of the fellowship). Fellows also have access to the staff canteen providing complimentary tea, coffee and lunch and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. Modest provision is also made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
The successful applicants of Chatham House – Robert Bosch Stiftung Academy Fellowship, 2019 will receive:
- Monthly stipend of GBP 2,295.
- Relocation costs.
- Fieldwork expenses.
- Publication costs.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from SUb Saharan African Countries are eligible to apply.
This fellowship is open to citizens of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa comprising of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, DRC, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applications will also be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes one of these countries.
- Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply.
- Selected applicants will get the opportunity to participate in the Academy’s Leadership Programme.
- He/She will build links with policy and academic communities in Central Europe and Africa.
- The fellowship is intended for future leaders, researchers, and decision-makers.
- Applicants will conduct a research project of their own design.
- With an emphasis on political and economic development in Central Europe and Africa.
- During the course of the fellowship, the applicant may conduct a research trip.
- He/She will get to spend time at the German Council on Foreign Relations in Berlin.
- To apply, please complete the application form and submit electronic copies of the following documents:
- Scanned copy of the photo page of your passport (to confirm you meet the nationality requirements)
- Interviews will be conducted in May/June 2019 via Skype.
Deadline: 29 April 2019