Chancellor’s Research Scholarship at Swinburne University in Australia 2015
Swinburne University of Technology is inviting application for Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS) to undertake a higher degree in research (HDR). Applicant may be a local or an international student. The awards provide an annual stipend of $30,000, an Establishment Grant of up to $3,000 and up to $5000 for a 6 month overseas placement in a collaborating laboratory or organisation nominated by Swinburne. This overseas placement is a condition of the award. The scholarship also covers tuition fees. The application deadline is 17 October 2014.
- Scholarship is awarded for studying any courses offered by the University.
- Scholarship is available for pursuing higher degree by research (HDR) at Swinburne University of Technology.
- Swinburne University of Technology is providing this scholarship.
Eligibility: To become and remain eligible for a CRS a student:
-may be a local or an international student; and
-must meet the University’s enrolment eligibility criteria including language proficiency; and
-must have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with these Guidelines; and
-must be undertaking a Research Doctorate; and
-must be enrolled as a full-time student, unless the University has approved a part-time CRS for the student under these Guidelines; and
-must not previously have held a postgraduate research scholarship (some exceptions may apply, contact Swinburne Research for more information); and
-must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship (excluding an IPRS) or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the APA stipend rate, to undertake the HDR. Income from sources unrelated to the course of study is permitted but must be within the confines of HDR policy section 7.9 ‘Employment Commitments’; and
-must study in an identified area of research strength for Swinburne University; and
-must undertake a 6 month overseas research placement at an institution identified and approved by Swinburne University.
- Australian and International students can apply for this Chancellor’s Research Scholarship.
- The Swinburne University Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS ) is the University’s premier research award. They are awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR). The successful applicants will become members of a research team working under the direction of senior researchers.
- The duration of a full-time CRS is three years for a student undertaking Research Doctorate studies. Awards are not available to Masters candidates.
- The awards provide an annual stipend of $30,000, an Establishment Grant of up to $3,000 and up to $5000 for a 6 month overseas placement in a collaborating laboratory or organisation nominated by Swinburne. This overseas placement is a condition of the award. The scholarship also covers tuition fees.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email during the second week of December 2014. Applicants will then be expected to accept or decline their offer within two weeks of the issuing of the formal scholarship offer.
- If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you must complete the scholarship portion of the candidature application form. Research degree candidature is considered all year round.
The application deadline is 17 October 2014.
Share this scholarship for others