MIRA Postdoctoral Fellowships in Aging Research at McMaster University in Canada, 2017
Scholarship Description: McMaster University is pleased to offer MIRA Postdoctoral Fellowships in Aging Research for the year 2017. Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international candidates are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The interdisciplinary research projects supported by these Fellowships should aim to generate evidence that contributes to the well-being of older adults.
About University: McMaster University (commonly referred to as McMaster or Mac) is a public research university located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
All students (including international/visa, CEGEP and IB) who have graduated from, or are currently attending, the final year of secondary school in Canada are eligible.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded in aging research and is focusing its research strength on addressing the most pressing questions facing the aging population.
Prospective post-doctoral Fellows are invited to submit a research plan that focuses on interdisciplinary, impact-driven approaches in the study of optimal aging through one or more of the following research areas:
- The impact of exercise on mobility.
- The interrelationship between psychological function and social function.
- Causes and consequences of multimorbidity, frailty, and polypharmacy.
- The role of caregiving, equity, economics and transportation in optimal aging.
- The understanding of the biological mechanisms of diseases of aging.
- Evaluating approaches to knowledge translation to improve optimal aging.
- The use of technology to promote optimal aging and aging in place.
Scholarship Benefits: Three fellowships of $50,000, plus up to $15,000 for research expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Three fellowships are available.
Eligibility: Eligibility & Conditions for the Award
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international candidates are eligible.
- The Fellowship is open to candidates who have/will have successfully completed their PhD degree requirements before the start of the Fellowship.
- Candidates must be eligible to start a postdoctoral position by November 1, 2017.
- The Fellowship is tenable at McMaster University, where the Fellow is expected to pursue full-time postdoctoral study and research for the term of the Fellowship.
- The supervisor or supervisory team must be able to contribute at least $10,000 in financial support to fund additional salary and benefits for the Fellow.
Eligible Nationalities: Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international candidates are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Application Procedure: Candidates must submit a pdf copy of their complete application to mirainfo-at-mcmaster.ca by July 13, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is July 13, 2017.