KU Leuven PhD Scholarship at the Department of Literary Studies in Belgium, 2017
Scholarship Description: KU Leuven is offering full-time scholarship to pursue a PhD research project under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Tom Toremans (Faculty of Arts, KU Leuven). The project is fully funded by the University of Leuven and runs for a period of 4 years.
The researcher will work in close collaboration with both junior and senior researchers at the Centre for Reception Studies and the Research Unit English Literature of the University of Leuven.
About university: The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as KU Leuven or the University of Leuven, is a Dutch-speaking university in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, international university that performs both basic and applied research. It is highly interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary focused and committed to international excellence. She actively works on this together with its research partners at home and abroad.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue full-time PhD programme at the Department of Literary Studies at the University of Leuven, Belgium.
Available Subject: The successful applicant will participate in the project on ‘The Reception of Foreign Literatures in British Romantic Periodicals’.
Scholarship Benefits: Offer
- We offer a full-time PhD position at KU Leuven (Campus Brussels).
- The project is fully funded by the University of Leuven and runs for a period of 4 years. The starting date is 1 October 2017.
- The successful applicant will pursue a PhD under supervision of Prof. dr. Tom Toremans (Faculty of Arts, KU Leuven)
- The researcher will work in close collaboration with both junior and senior researchers at the Centre for Reception Studies and the Research Unit English Literature of the University of Leuven. S/he will be based at the Brussels Campus of KU Leuven.
- The project provides funding for participation in international conferences, consultation of archives and other research activities
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Eligibility: Candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant field, such as English, Western, or Comparative Literature
- An outstanding academic record
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English
- Additional knowledge of other languages (esp. French and German) is a plus
- An aptitude for original, independent, and creative work, both individually and as part of a team
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter specifying why you are interested in the project and why your profile matches the position
- A current CV
- A writing sample (excerpt from thesis, article, etc) of max. 5 pages
- A letter of reference
Deadline: Applicants can apply for this job no later than July 28, 2017.