Scholarship Description: The James Cook University is inviting applications for Australian Institute of Marine Science Scholarships for both Australian and international students. These scholarships are available to conduct research on the basis of competition.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to the students.
About University: James Cook University (JCU) is a public university and is the second oldest university in Queensland, Australia. JCU is a teaching and research institution. The University’s main campuses are located in the tropical cities of Cairns, Singapore and Townsville
Degree Level: These scholarships are available to pursue research programme.
Available Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the field of Marine Science.
Scholarship Benefits: These scholarships will provide the following:
- Stipend for 4 years, plus tuition fees if applicable
- Additional funding support for professional development in quantitative methods appropriate to the project
- Additional $5,000 per year as stipend top-up or project costs (as agreed between student and supervisors)
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must meet all candidature eligibility and scholarship competitiveness (merit score) criteria set by the James Cook University Graduate Research School (GRS).
- Your proposed team of advisors must include at least one staff member from both JCU and AIMS, who have agreed to supervise you in your proposed project. At least one staff member from each organization must be named on and sign the candidature and scholarship application forms.
Eligible Nationalities: Australian and international applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
Application Procedure: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- If you have not already checked your eligibility and/or found an advisor(s) who are willing to supervise your research degree, submit your expression of interest for a Higher Degree by Research.
- Complete the Supplementary Form for Higher Degree by Research Application in with your prospective advisor(s) and ensure it is signed and that you have the required documentation ready. To ensure you have all the required documentation uses this checklist.
Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2017.