PhD/Masters Scholarships for Australian and International Students in Australia, 2017
The University of Tasmania now accepting applications for PhD/Masters Scholarships for hot topics to undertake a Masters of Law by Research or a PhD in one of the three areas of law. Australian (domestic) and International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Tasmania is classed within the top two percent of Universities worldwide and has received numerous awards for excellence in teaching. The University of Tasmania is one of the top 2% of universities worldwide 4tholdest university in Australia, celebrating 125 years in 2015.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Masters of Law by Research or a PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the following topics given below:
- Tracing the Impact of Legal Education in Australia: The Nexus Between Legal Scholarship and Criminal Law and Practice.
- Climate-Adaptive Law for Marine and Coastal Biodiversity and Resource Conservation
- Fisheries Law and Governance
- Restorative justice, diversion and cyber-sexual offending by young people
- Science, International Law and the Global Commons: How Can we Make Scientific Rules More Effective in International Law?
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Trial Governance
- Putting the Trust into Land Administration via the Blockchain – Hyperbole or Hope?
- The Paris Climate Agreement: Justice and Effectiveness
- What Drives Lawyer Behaviour in Dispute Settlement?
- Has Diversity Within the Legal Profession Changed the Character of Legal Knowledge?
- Relationships with Clients in Tasmanian Legal Service Delivery
- Case Management Practices in Tasmanian Civil Litigation
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Governance
Eligibility: The following eligibility criteria apply to these scholarships:
- The scholarship is open to Australian (domestic) candidates and to International candidates.
- The PhD must be undertaken on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must already have been awarded a first class Honours degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience in an appropriate sector.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills.
Candidates from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Knowledge and skills that will be ranked highly include:
- Legal service delivery
- Qualitative research methods, particularly in-depth interviewing
Eligible Nationalities: Australian (domestic) candidates and International candidates are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Application Procedure: Applicants should visit the Apply Now website and complete an application via the University of Tasmania’s Online Application System. Please indicate under Scholarship Support that you would like to be considered for a particularly hot topic living allowance scholarship.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 10, 2017.