Scholarship Description: The American University of Phnom Penh is happy to announce scholarships for international students. These scholarships are open to the students of all nationalities that have exemplified an outstanding academic record during their high school studies and are in need of financial assistance.
The aim of the scholarships is to encourage excellent and needy students.
About University: The American University of Phnom Penh (or AUPP) is a private English-medium university in Cambodia. The university offers four-year American dual degree programs with majors in Architecture, Business, Communication, Computer Science, Global Affairs, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Law, and Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Degree Level: These scholarships are available to pursue the degree programme.
Available Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: The American University of Phnom Penh offers scholarships (up to 100%). AUPP offers the following scholarships:
- Merit Scholarships
- Private Scholarships
- Need & Academic-based Scholarships
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students who have achieved Grade A & B in their National High School Exams are eligible for the Merit Scholarships. If students have attended a private school where they were exempt from taking the National Exam, they may still qualify for a Merit Scholarship. To obtain a Merit Scholarship, students must have achieved a high school cumulative grade point average (GPA) between 3.5 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students retain their scholarship for the entire course of study at AUPP in fall, spring or Summer semesters, including the English Preparatory Program. Students must maintain a grade point average (GPA) equivalent to a B grade (GPA of 3.00 or higher) each semester. Scholarship awards may not be transferred, deferred or encashed.
- AUPP provides private scholarships up to 100% to eligible students. Private scholarships are based on academic achievement and financial need. Some scholarships have additional criteria. Currently, AUPP offers private scholarships for the Global Affairs and Law majors only.
Need & Academic-based Scholarships
- If you have financial need, AUPP offers Need & Academic-based Scholarships on a case-by-case basis. AUPP reserves the right to confirm your financial need if you are applying for a need-based scholarship.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for these scholarships.
Application Procedure: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Fill the application form online
- Pay the application and English placement test fees at the Registry
- Take AUPP’s English placement test
- After receiving your English placement results, you will be given a Student ID Number. Use this Student ID Number to submit the scholarship application online
Deadline: The application deadline for Need or Private Scholarships is September 25, 2017, and for Merit Scholarships September 29, 2017.