Asian Students Scholarship by Aichi Prefectural Government, Japan
The Aichi Prefectural Government is offering ten scholarships to graduate level students from Asian countries who are nominated by the universities in Aichi. Scholarships will be awarded for a period of 6 months (as a research student) and 2 years (as a master’s course student). Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support of Aichi’s manufacturing industry. After completing their courses of study, these students will then be highly expected to seek employment within Aichi.
Scholarships are available for all subjects offered by universities.
Scholarships are available for Graduate Degree Level.
- Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, Pakistan and other Asian countries.
- Age: Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2015, i.e. born on or after April 2, 1980.
- Academic Degree: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof.
- Field of Study: Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support of Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- Health: Applicants must be healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
- Post-Scholarship Employment: Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or a branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan).
- Internships: During their course of study, applicants must participate in an internship program offered by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefectural Government or another organization.
- Other Scholarships: Applicants must not be receiving scholarships or grants from any other organization, including the Japanese government and the government of their home country; Spouses of students currently receiving scholarship money from the Aichi Prefectural Government are not eligible to apply.
- Date of Arrival: Applicants must be able to come to Japan by October 2015 on a day to be designated by the Governor.
- Other Conditions: Applicants must be admitted as a research student at a university or a graduate school within Aichi from the period of October 2015 to March 2016. After arriving in Japan, applicants must enroll in the national health insurance system.
The Aichi Scholarship Program provides the followings:
- Living Allowance: 150,000 yen per month: This living allowance in principle will be reduced under the following circumstances: You leave Japan for more than 30 days; You take a leave of absence from school.
- Travel Expenses to Japan:
- Travel expenses to Japan- A predetermined amount of money, decided by the Governor, will be provided to each applicant to allow travel from their nearest international airport to Central Japan International Airport (economy class).
- Travel expenses from Japan- As a general rule, return airfare will not be provided.
- School Expenses: Entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study within certain limits as per the following list:
- Entrance examination fee (research student): ¥9,800
- Entrance fee (research student): ¥84,600
- Tuition (six months; research student): ¥178,200
- Entrance examination fee (master’s course student): ¥30,000
- Entrance fee (master’s course student): ¥282,000
- Tuition (annual; master’s course student): ¥535,800
Number of Awards:
There are up to Ten awards available
Six to Two years for research and masters respectively.
- Applicants must apply through graduate schools located in Aichi. Documents to be submitted by the applicant to the recommending organization:
- Application form (Form 1)
- Pledge (Form 2)
- Certificate of health (Form 3 issued within the past six (6) months)
- Proof of graduation (copy of certificate of graduation, diploma, or degree) or a certificate of student status and proof of expected graduation (if the applicant is in college)
- Academic record issued by the university from which applicant graduated
- Certified copy of passport (if the applicant does not have a passport upon application, a certified copy of the applicant’s birth certificate or a citizenship certificate will be sufficient)
- Four (4) photographs
Application Deadline: 16 May 2015
Please Click Here to visit the Official website of Organization.
Read more: Study in Japan