Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for Alta Scuola Politecnica (ASP) Grants for Engineers, Architects and Designers which runs parallel to the Master of Science courses of PoliTo and PoliMi. Italian and international students are eligible to apply for these grants.
About University: For more than 150 years, Polytechnic University of Turin is one of Italy’s most prestigious public institutions in the field of training, research, technology transfer and services in all areas of Architecture and Engineering.
Students must have IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – minimum score 5.5. The CLA Academic Coordinator could evaluate declarations issued in English speaking countries, given the fact that they are unlikely to include the phrase “The medium of instruction is English”.
Degree Level: Grants are available to pursue Master of Science Programme.
Available Subject: Alta Scuola Politecnica (ASP) is an additional advanced program for Engineers, Architects and Designers which runs parallel to the Master of Science courses of PoliTo and PoliMi.
Scholarship Benefits: What ASP grants?
- Tuition fee waiver
- Free travel and accommodation during ASP courses
- Financial support for developing the ASP Multidisciplinary Projects
- Scholarships covering accommodation for international students
- Double MSc degree from both PoliMi and PoliTo
- ASP Diploma
Number of Scholarships: Each year, ASP admits a maximum of 150 students, 90 at PoliMi and 60 at PoliTo.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Admission requirements are the following:
For Italian universities graduates
- A Bachelor degree or an equivalent academic qualification (in case of not-graduate students from foreign universities see section Who can enroll) that grants access to a Master of Science course (Laurea Magistrale) at PoliTo, obtained before the deadline set by PoliTo for the enrollment in a Master of Science course for the first semester of the academic year 2017/2018 (see the Student Guide 2017/18). Students who graduated from Italian universities must have obtained their Bachelor degree within the 3 regular academic years;
- A minimum weighted average grade in Bachelor exams equal to or above 27,00/30 determined on all the Bachelor exam grades:
Weighted average: exam grades multiplied by course credits
(Grade1 x Credits1) + (Grade2 x Credits2) +…+ (Grade n x Credits n)
(Credits 1 + Credits 2 +…+ Credits n);
For Non-Italian universities graduates
- A Bachelor degree or an equivalent academic qualification (see section Who can enrol)) that grants access to a Master of Science course (Laurea Magistrale) at PoliTo, obtained before the deadline set by PoliTo for the enrollment in a Master of Science course for the first semester of the academic year 2017/2018 (see the Student guide 2017/18).
- Valid GRE®General Test (5 years since the test date), possessed by the application deadline.
Minimum scores in the three test sections:
- Verbal Reasoning: 156
- Quantitative Reasoning: 157
- Analytical Writing: 3,5
Please note, that candidates must have obtained at least in one of the three sections a score not less than the minimum.
Eligible Nationalities: Italian and International citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Summary of the compulsory documents that must be attached to the online application form, exclusively in English or Italian (note that the motivation letter must be in English):
- For Italian universities graduates: “self-declaration” (“dichiarazione sostitutiva di certificazione” ai sensi dell’art. 46 DPR 28 dicembre 2000, n. 445) of the Bachelor degree with the complete list of exams and corresponding results;
- For non-Italian universities graduates:
– official certification (transcript of records) with the official stamp of the university attended, including
The list of the exams, the corresponding results and the final average grade;
– Valid GRE®General Test* (5 years since the test date), possessed by the application deadline. GRE
certificates can be sent directly to the examination center to Politecnico di Torino, being an accredited
ETS center (select the code 6994). Politecnico is not responsible for any communication delays by ETS.
- English language certification
- Motivation letter (in English). Please, click here to find the instructions to write the motivation letter. It should be composed of a maximum of 5,000 characters in total (spaces included).
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 20, 2017.