2014 Netherlands Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship at Graduate School of Humanities
In 2014, the Netherlands Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) will be launched, targeting exceptionally talented new Master’s students from outside Europe. The AES is a full scholarship of € 25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year, with the possibility of an extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes. Scholarship recipients will join extracurricular activities and become part of a selective community.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- the candidate’s academic records. Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply;
- the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- a letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- the quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components);
- the quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Application Deadline: 01 Feb 2014