Courses offered by the University of Sheffield.
This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level.
University of Sheffield
Scholarship can be taken at:
– You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
– You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University in the 2013-14 academic year (i.e. after 1st August 2013, exact start date to be agreed with your supervisor/ department).
– Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
The international Students can apply for this scholarship.
The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students. For entry in 2013-14, each Faculty is offering a number of scholarship awards on a competitive basis.
Number of awards offered:
Each faculty is offering a number of scholarship awards on a competitive basis.
Tenure of award:
These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress. Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
What does it cover?
– Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full stipend at the RCUK rate (full-time rate £13,590 in 2012-13).
– Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half stipend (full-time rate £6,795 in 2012-13).
– A contribution towards fees or living expenses.
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.
You can expect to hear if your scholarship application has been successful by the end of April 2013.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Do submit your applications till 1st February 2013.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online