PhD Scholarships for UK, EU and International Students in the field of Medicine, Dentistry & Health at University of Sheffield in UK
Courses offered by the University of Sheffield.
This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level.
University of Sheffield
Scholarship can be taken at:
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University in the 2013-14 academic year (i.e. after 1st August 2013, exact start date to be agreed with your supervisor/ department).
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
The international Students can apply for this scholarship.
The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students. For entry in 2013-14, each Faculty is offering a number of scholarship awards on a competitive basis.
Number of awards offered:
Each faculty is offering a number of scholarship awards on a competitive basis.
Tenure of award:
These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress. Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
What does it cover?
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full stipend at the RCUK rate (full-time rate £13,590 in 2012-13).
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half stipend (full-time rate £6,795 in 2012-13).
- A contribution towards fees or living expenses.
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.
You can expect to hear if your scholarship application has been successful by the end of April 2013.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Do submit your applications till 1st February 2013.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online