The UQ Business School is offering a number of 25% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding domestic and international students commencing the full-time (12 month) MBA program in January of each year. The scholarship is available to students who undertake their MBA studies equivalent to full-time study as defined by the UQ Business School.
What is the scholarship?
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 25% discount on their course tuition fees for the minimum number of units required to complete the full-time (12 month) MBA program unless otherwise stated. International students may also be eligible for an additional reimbursement of up to AUD$3,000 to cover travel expenses.
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester of the program if the holder:
(a) obtains satisfactory grades; and
(b) makes a satisfactory rate of progress towards completing the full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
(c) fulfills the obligations* of the full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
(d) remains a full-time MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
*Obligations of scholarship holders are for students to:
- commence study in January including the MBA orientation event; and
- fulfill all requirements associated with their student visas; and
- diligently and to the best of their ability apply themselves to the successful completion of the full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
- conform to The University of Queensland rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (including disciplinary provisions); and
- not defer or otherwise interrupt studies; and
- notify the Academic Dean and Head of School in writing if:
- they are absent for any reason (other than recreation leave) for a period of 14 days or more from the place of study, except with prior approval from the Head of School.
Scholarship holders who do not continue to meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above will forfeit the scholarship. This will result in the scholarship being withdrawn, and the student will not be eligible to re-apply for the scholarship.
The University of Queensland may require the scholarship holder to repay the tuition-fee waiver amount if the student fails to:
- meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above; or
- successfully pass a course (grade of 4 or higher).
How to apply?
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the full-time (12 month) MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission^. That is, you must have met the standard entry criteria for acceptance into the full-time (12 month) MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview – in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone interview. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by the UQ Business School.
^Applications for admission to the full-time (12 month) MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application. Details to apply for admission into the full-time (12 month) MBA program can be located on the UQ Business School website or the Courses and Programs website.
Submitting an application
Scholarship applications are to be received by 30 November in the year prior to commencement of the full-time (12 month) MBA program with a covering letter addressed to the MBA Director, and submitted to:
MBA Student Liaison Officer
UQ Business School
The University of Queensland
St Lucia Queensland 4072
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible.
Note: All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
Further information is available from the MBA Student Liaison Officer. Telephone +61 7 3346 8069 or email email@example.com