EXPERTS II- Erasmus Mundus Partnership in South and South-East Asia
In accordance with the EMA2 call, the objective of the project is to facilitate the new collaborations between Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) from the least developed countries in South and Southeast Asia and EU, and also to reinforce the existing cooperation in the region by exchanging information in science and policy issues while sharing key issues of sustainable development in academic cooperation. The project will establish an innovative framework for capacity development of junior faculty staff, undergraduates, postgraduates, and postdoc researchers through training and upgrading their skills in specified fields of study through a scheme of structured mobility between 7 EU partners and 13 universities in South and Southeast Asia (SSEA) from 10 countries.
Deadline: 10 Feb 2012
Target Group 1
Undergraduate, master and doctorate students, post-doctorates, and academic and administrative staff that contribute to the overall topics of the EXPERTS project in research and cooperation from the partner universities that are participating from SSEA region. The candidate must be registered at the home university at the time of application and in case of undergraduate students- they must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution.
Targeted mobilities? undergraduate, master, doctorate, post-doctorate and staff (academic & administrative)
Target Group 2
Master, doctorate students, and post-doctorates of non partner universities from SSEA region (concerned by lot 11) and graduates from the partner universities, oriented to the topic of the EXPERTS project in research and cooperation.
Targeted mobilities ? master, doctorate and post-doctorate
Target Group 3
Master and doctoral students belonging to minority groups that provide proposals that increase cooperation and research through innovation in their regions will be sought in this category.
Some of the examples may include-
- Candidates having a refugee status or asylum beneficiaries (international or according to the national legislation of one of the European recipient countries);
- Candidates, who have been an object of unjustified expulsion from university on racial, ethnic, religious, political, gender or sexual inclination;
- Candidates, who belong to an indigenous population targeted by a specific national policy or IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons).
Targeted mobilities? master and doctorate
Only Candidates of the following nationalities are eligible to apply:
- In order to be an eligible candidate, you must have not resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.
- No student, and no academic staff member can benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
- There are no mobility flows for student and academic staff between institutions in SSEA countries of the partnership. Mobility is only from SSEA countries to Europe.