The Australia Awards Scholarships program is part of the Australia Awards initiative announced by the Australian Prime Minister in November 2009. The Australia Awards have been established to maximise the benefit to Australia of its extensive scholarship programs, and to support enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours.
Deadline: 06 April 2013
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR AUSTRALIA AWARDS SCHOLARSHHIPS?
Applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements detailed in the Scholarships Handbook, available at http://www.ausaid.gov.au/Publications/Pages/scholar-handbook.aspx
Applicants must also meet the following specific requirements for Pakistan:
- be a Pakistani citizen (dual nationals are not eligible) and not have permanent residence in Australia or New Zealand;
- not be married or engaged to a person who is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence;
- not have applied for permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand;
- satisfy Australian Government requirements for international student visas for entry to Australia (health, character etc.);
- be able to provide a Police Security Clearance certificate at the time of Visa application;
- not hold another scholarship;
- not have held a foreign scholarship in the 24 months preceding the application (24 months are calculated from the date of arrival back in Pakistan to the closing date for receipt of applications);
- be residing in Pakistan;
- be applying to commence a new course of study and not be seeking support for a course already commenced in Australia (on-going study programs will not be supported);
- be able to take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered;
- have outlined a case that is clear about their objectives and motivation to make a contribution to development in Pakistan;
- apply for courses that fall within the priority areas identified above;
- satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian tertiary institution and the course to be undertaken;
- have a relevant academic background to proposed study in Australia;
- be applying for a Masters level course;
- have completed 16 years of education;
- have at least two years work experience in the field in which they are applying; and
- be able to demonstrate the ability to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements for the Scholarship at the time of application.
Candidates applying under Profile 4 must have current IELTS score of 7 with no band less than 6 while candidates applying under Profiles 1, 2 or 3 current IELTS score is not a requirement for AAS application; however, candidates successful in preliminary screening and having no current IELTS score, will be required to take IELTS test and acquire 6.5 with no band less than 6.
It is a pre-condition of accepting an Australia Awards Scholarships that awardees return to their home country to take up a position that utilises their study for a minimum period of two years.
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted in hardcopies. You may download the Application forms from here. The forms are also available at the following TCS Express centres:
- 54 The Mall, near PTV Station, Peshawar
- 11 Kashmir Road, Sadar, Rawalpindi
- Shop # B 11-14 Aslam Market, Aabpara, Islamabad
- Main MA Jinnah Road, opposite Askari Commercial Bank, Quetta
Please submit three (3) sets of application forms along with all supporting documents to the address provided below, by close of business, Friday, 6 April 2012.